1. full of hope; expressing hope: His hopeful words stimulated optimism.
2. exciting hope; promising advantage or success: a hopeful prospect.
ROMANTIC – adjective
1. of, pertaining to, or of the nature of romance; characteristic or suggestive of the world of romance: a romantic adventure.
2. fanciful; impractical; unrealistic: romantic ideas.
3.imbued with or dominated by idealism, a desire for adventure,chivalry, etc.
4. characterized by a preoccupation with love or by the idealizing of love or one’s beloved.
5. displaying or expressing love or strong affection.
6. ardent; passionate; fervent.
7. ( usually initial capital letter ) of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a style of literature and art that subordinates form to content, encourages freedom of treatment, emphasizes imagination, emotion, and introspection, and often celebrates nature, the ordinary person, and freedom of the spirit ( contrasted with classical).
8. of or pertaining to a musical style characteristic chiefly of the19th century and marked by the free expression of imagination and emotion, virtuosic display, experimentation with form, and the adventurous development of orchestral and piano music and opera.
9. imaginary, fictitious, or fabulous.
10. noting, of, or pertaining to the role of a suitor or lover in a play about love: the romantic lead.
11. a romantic person.
12. a romanticist.
13. romantics, romantic ideas, ways, etc.
– Definitions from Dictionary.com
***THE HOPEFUL ROMANTIC – Poetry By Show’Chi Drake***
Coming Soon to Borders.com, Amazon.com, BN.com and iTunes. Date to be announced shortly.
“Expect the unexpected, but be forever optimistic.” – Show’Chi Drake